Thursday, March 17, 2011

Let's show our true colours

It’s all about to change.

Spring 2011 is on its way in the northern hemisphere and this year it means colour. Lots of full-on, bright, dazzling colour. Colourful clothes, colourful bags, colourful homeware, coloured pens, colourful food, colourful opinions and ideas. It means putting on your rose-tinted glasses and marveling at the world. It means painting the town red – and purple, blue and orange.

What’s more, mixing colours is encouraged – those glossy pinks with radiant reds, shining blues with lustrous yellows, polished purples with glistening greens. I have a skip in my typing step as I tap out those delicious adjectives on my keyboard.

You might have guessed that I'm excited!

The world needs more colour. Colour makes us smile – think of a rainbow or the first crocuses that brave the cold. Colour represents boldness and being our best selves – open, bright, honest, vivacious and loving.

So, to celebrate the arrival of colour this spring, I’m starting a No one does colour better than… series of posts that will run for the next few weeks. I’m on the hunt for incredible, inspirational colour and looking forward to the colourful stories I find to tell you about.

And, of course, I’d love to hear about anything you come across on your colourful travels.

x






(Images: Prabul Gurung Spring 2011 RTW via Prabal Gurung; Dear Jacquie; Lanvin Spring 2011 RTW via style.com; Burano, Italy via Black Tomato on HuffPost; Oaxaca, Mexico by PPT; Harrison Street Adelle via Kate Spade; Marimekko socks rolled down tumbler via Finnish Design Centre; iPhone 4 cover via Kate Spade)

1 comment:

  1. What a nice color collage! Isn't it nice to feel and see spring come along. I totally agree with you, I'm also in the mood for lots of colorful accessories...

    Thanks for visiting my blog.
    Have a lovely week!

    Tesca

    ReplyDelete