Monday, May 16, 2011

Do what pleases you

There's a French expression for the month of May. They say: "En mai, fait ce qu'il te plait." It means in May do what pleases you. A fantastic sentiment to live by all year round.
Doing what pleases me is about focusing on the little things. At the moment that means making a fresh smoothie each morning. Some days I just don't feel like chopping up fruit and cleaning the blender when I'm done. But I know that this sweet, typically pink (I'm a huge berry fan), good-for-me start to my day makes me feel good. So I do it. Another little thing, is taking a small detour on my walk to an exercise class. I'm always running late and therefore running, but this detour means I pass by a rose bush that smells heavenly. So heavenly and so strong that you pick up the scent before you've turned the corner. Even though I'm late I stop to enjoy those roses. And each time it adds a small kick to my step as I dash off.

I hope you take a little time to do what pleases you.

x






(Image: Stephanie Rausser Photography)

No comments:

Post a Comment