Sunday, May 8, 2011

A love affair

Large bouquets. Tiny posies. Single stems.

Regal lilies. Simple pansies. Wild poppies.

Purple ones. Pink ones. Yellow ones.

I love them all. In fact, I'd say I'm addicted to flowers.

I serve my addiction by filling the house with flowers at all times. And taking tons of photos of them. In honour of my addiction, I thought I'd post some of my flower photos here in the next few days. Think of them as little bouquets just for you. And ever-lasting ones you can come back to again and again.

Simple, fragrant, care-free lilacs are, I think, perfect to start us off. In the language of flowers - which the Victorians used to express feelings they couldn't admit publicly - purple lilacs were a symbol of first love. So add romantic to the list of adjectives that describe them.

Aren't they glorious? I took these photos ten days ago on a perfect spring day in the French countryside. Hope you love them too.

x
(Images: PPT)

No comments:

Post a Comment